Wednesday, December 1

December 1st, 2010

Oh my blog, how I have missed you. So here I am December 1st, 2010........last blog posting 9/28/10. It's not for lack of trying. I started two blog entries with bullet points and little reminders to write about, but clearly I never finished them to be published. Two little boys are busy and I am busier trying to keep up and learn how to parent each new thing that we face every day. Enough about me, let me wrap up the last few months before we head in to the end of Two Thousand and Ten. Really????????

September Wrap-Up

-Another Trip down to PCB for Labor Day. Cooper played putt-putt for the first time on this trip and had a blast, Carter and I sat that one out.
-I ran and completed my first ever 5K

-Cooper participated in his first ever team sport. He played Soccer, thus officially making me a "Soccer Mom"
It’s funny to now say I am officially a “soccer mom” haha. Cooper was great, he stood and listened and participated when the coach said Hi so and so, he was the loudest, and when the coach said clap for so and so for kicking, Cooper clapped and said Yay….what a great teammate. I think Coop was declared the coach’s helper right from the start, he’s so precious. Cooper also kept forgetting the Coach’s name so when Cooper wanted to get his attention Cooper would say “Um, Captain Coach”….hilarious.

Soccer week 2 consisted of sitting down and picking grass. Week 3 got better enthusiasm and interest came back. This went back and forth for the 8 weeks of our little season. Cooper never officially scored a game goal, but not for lack of trying. It seemed that each week the other team had at least one dominating player that would steal the ball from Cooper over and over and score, well our little green team lacked that one dominating great 3 year old player. Carter was quite a handful during these games, starting off each time cheering for Cooper then quickly bored and wanting to be on the field himself. Our little home videos are surely filled with lots of commentary between Carter and I asking him to sit down and hold on and it’s almost over. Fun first sport team experience and the start to my next 17+ years I presume.

Carter turns 2 and a trip to the Zoo

Carter had a sweet 2nd Birthday- I made and shared cupcakes with his little 2 year old class at school and our family of 4 went to dinner at the Japanese Hibachi restaurant for some Birthday entertainment....plus his favorite thing on earth this summer was "ka-keem" or what we call yumm ice cream.

The weekend following, we went to the Atlanta Zoo and shared a fun day with a lot of our family and some great friends. It was exciting to have so many there to sing Happy Birthday to our little Carter, who I can’t believe has turned 2 years old. Many of the animals were hiding in the shade that day but we still made the best of it and now Carter looks at his zoo animals book almost every day remembering his fun Birthday. The weeks preceding his 2nd birthday were incredible, watching a pure transformation to an almost big boy. His looks and personality just grew up right before our eyes. Carter is just our silly little giggle box, slowly having very little fear to try new things. 100% rough, tough, temperamental, pushing on, pulling on, riding on things all day long boy.
2-year weigh in: 27lbs

October

-Patrick and I went to a GA game, which we missed out on all season last year. We spent the night in Athens and could barely even hang with the college kiddies- we did more people watching than anything that night, it was still a good time though.
On Monday morning October 11th, Carter climbed on to a kitchen table chair to reach a grape that rolled to the middle of the table. He then proceeded to slip off hitting his face on the table on the way down and landing face front on the floor. One of his little bottom baby teeth pierced right through his face just below his bottom lip. Baby blood everywhere all over him all over me, it was quite a scene. Thank goodness the chill factor of the family had not left for work yet and told me to stop screaming and freaking out. I called the pediatrician as soon as they were open informing them that my 2 year old had a hole in his face.....we were sent straight to the plastic surgeon's office since it was a face injury. The plastic surgeon then said it wa in a place where the mouth heals so quickly by itself he would probably do worse by upsetting the little buddy even more. Sure enough, a little tlc and neosporean and it healed right up. Some may see a little scar but hey it's part of his life story now.

-Cooper and I made a trip to the Antley's - we got to watch cousin Jameson play her soccer game and shop and just hang out
-County Fair was in town, so we took the boys for a few thrill rides. We made the mistake of going the first crowded night, funnel cakes we did not get to enjoy.
-Cooper came home from school one afternoon looked at me with a funny look and said "Mom, Emma is my girlfriend and she sings All the Single Ladies, All the Single Ladies from the Chipmunks", then he laughed hystericallyChildren of the Corn Maze

-Halloween cookies were made for school, only having to send husband to grocery store at 9:30 for more food coloring and icing.........oops
-The Kisgens took a trip to NEVERNEVERLAND for Halloween
The kids love Disney's Peter Pan and Cooper always said he was going to be Captain Hook and then asked Mom if she would be Tinkerbell. I complied and Dad joined in the dress-up. Cooper was very specific as to how is costume would look, so he searched on the computer with me to find the perfect one. I almost thought Carter's Peter Pan costume would have to be returned for a second Captain Hook, but Carter finally took on his role and had fun with it! It was very funny to me when we were at Cooper's school dress-up party and there were 3 Spider-Man's in his class the day before trick-or-treat, Cooper whispered to me "Mom I want you to send Captain Hook back so I can be Spider Man"....sorry buddy a little late. He forgot though by trick-or-treat time.
Carter walks around the house saying he will sword you and so cutely calling his brother to come play "Hey Coop"

November

-Cooper whimpers to his Dad and I one night in bed that he had asked Emma to be his girlfriend again and she said no. He then proceeds with, "Mom, will you please come in to my classroom and ask her for me?" Mom response: "Cooper does anyone else have a girlfriend? I don't think it is a big deal that she is officially your girlfriend. I know she really likes being your friend, I have seen how she likes to play with you." Dad response: "It's o.k. Cooper I had to ask your Mommy to be my girlfriend for a long time."

-Couples Mountain Weekend to Ellijay. We stayed in a gorgeous 5 bedroom house, hung out by the campfire, cooked and ate, and climbed all the stairs to the top of Amicalola Falls.

-We spent a fantastic Thanksgiving at home with the Kisgens -I completed the Ten Can Run 5K Thanksgiving Day beating my last time by 5 whole minutes. I was accompanied by Meredith

-I cooked my first ever Thanksgiving Turkey
-Cooper dialed 9-1-1 while spending the night with his Bump Bump and Doc in their hotel room. Pretty sure after the visit from the police man he will not be doing that one again.

The boys spent a lot of time with each of their grandparents the last few months and have enjoyed it so much. One weekend they were split, each with a different set of Grandparents (to 1. give the grandparents a break and 2. so Carter could have a big boy weekend)- they were happy to see each other afterwards. We are so greatful for the chance to not only share our children but get to enjoy our lives together as a couple.
Simon the Elf (on the shelf) has made is arrival and the advent calendars gets its first open door.

(Each night this week so far has been "Simon, I'm sorry for ___, please don't tell Santa I did that")

The first Chanukah candle will be lit by our Pike family.

2 comments:

Season said...

I loved Patrick's response to Cooper about asking you to be his girlfriend!

Anonymous said...

WOW! That was a lot, but thanks. He called 9-1-1?! Oh my! GiGi