Friday, March 18

The Happy Parade

Before I begin...one other quick thing to provide a laugh: In this house, I feel like I buy red grapes at the grocery store every time I walk in. Carter James (who we many times refer to as a "fruitatarian" loves grapes). In his demanding but adorable two-year old ways can quite often be heard saying "I WANT GAPES AND I WANT A YOT" "SKANKS" "MOM, IS THAT A YOT?" again emphasis being on the pronunciation you can interpret from the spelling

Now to "The Happy Parade"








We had been talking about the St. Patrick's Day parade for a few weeks with the boys, as we know it is something they love and a fine tradition here in Savannah (one that I have participated in (most years) since I was 4 weeks old. The morning of Carter exclaims "Mom, we are going to the Happy Parade!" Since then that is how we talk about the St. Patrick's Day festivities. Any firetrucks, motorcycles, marching bands, etc. that we might have seen on the fine day of green in Savannah is "Mom, like we saw that in the Happy Parade". Savannah's skies were blue and friends and families gathered in the azalea blooming squares. From all over the East, bands, policeman, fireman, and soldiers came down to participate and March for us. Many members of the Wagoner-McBride Clan joines us, as well as a few thousand more.
Check out Carter below- this is how he stood for the entire 3 hour long parade.
It's really fun being IRISH for one day each year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love, love, love my leprechauns