Wednesday, April 20

Strawberry Strike

While Carter, Patrick and I love Strawberries, Cooper has been on strawberry strike since around the fall I think. He had said a few times "how about when we go to the Strawberry patch in the Spring I will like them." What a negotiator!


The boys and I spent a morning strolling through the patch, squishing and picking bright red sweet berries ...then home to wash them and get them ready for our picnic that afternoon. Carter and I dig in, Cooper takes one little bite and says "mmm no I don't like them" ai yai yai. So the strike is officially over, but Cooper will still only eat strawberries made in stuff. Whenever strawberries are presented in front of him plain, Cooper never forgets to remind me, "remember Mom I don't like strawberries". Oh well... we give some we get some, I shall not complain....he is not a picky eater so if there is one thing he says no to, I'll be o.k. I just don't see how to pass them up....especially these fresh-picked ones man are they so sweet and juicy, unlike the many have purchased the last few months that were dyed red and bitter. At least Cooper can be my official picker, if nothing else, when it comes to strawberries.



These pictures are from a fun afternoon in Forsyth Park. Most of the time was spent chasing squirrels around trees and finding sticks to be pretend swords......along with eating our fresh-picked berries from that morning during our picnic. Oh what fun it is being outdoors! We have enjoyed making many things out of the fresh-picked strawberries, which took me about 3 hours to clean and separate in to containers for the fridge and freezer. Fresh strawberry cake I made for Easter is one of the many things we have enjoyed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum yum....Kindergarten went to a patch today and I ate one. Maybe next year Cooper will change his mind.

Anonymous said...

Cooper made a retraction regarding his dislike of strawberries!!I called to wish his Dad a Happy's Father's Day and he got on the phone to say, "Guess what Bump Bump!?!?! I took a bite of a strawberry and I said... I LIKE IT!" Offer him one today and see how he feels...
I could take a bite out of him! :)

Anonymous said...

You have good points there, that's why I always love your blog, it looks like you are an expert in this field. keep up the fantastic work, My friend recommends your site.

My blog:
taux credit consommation www.rachatdecredit.net