Wednesday, August 11

Camp Annawannah We Hold You In our hearts....

Camp Annawanna
We Hold You In Our Hearts
And when I think about you
It makes me wanna.......

To those of you from my generation, this theme song might ring a tune to your ear from a fun Nickelodeon show called "Salute Your Shorts", which was followed by the ever funny "Hey Dude" on Nickelodeon.
Well this song also rang in our ears during my recent annual Girls Weekend. 5 of us traveled to a beautiful cabin in the Big Canoe area of the N. Georgia Mountains. We drank good wine, ate good food, shared lots of laughs, played games and did lots of outdoor activities- climbed the side of a dam workout, nature trails, picnic at a waterfall, lounged at the lake, beach volleyball, oh and a rock slide to name a few. Most of our time spent at the lake and doing our nature stuff is when one of us would just break out in song "Camp Annawannah we hold you in our hearts" and all laugh. Their were a lot of families with children around then this group of whatever category we fit in to ladies, and we felt like we were attending summer camp.
This year's trip was vastly different from our Miami trip, but no less fun and memorable! Plus, I had not spent time with my lifelong friends in approx 7 months-yikes!

I was having my oil changed the day of my departure and reading a waiting room magazine read this fantastic article about the 6 billion dollar "Girls Trip" industry. I will certainly always be a contributor to this and a promoter. It does something for the soul. Yes your family and children are so greatly missed, but the laughter and talks and talks and talks revive you, so that you can go home and be a better Mom and wife or whatever you are in life. The article referenced that it's like having a free 3-day therapy session, 100% agree. Love my friends and love the privilege in life to be able to leave life behind for a few days.

No comments: