Wednesday, February 24

We heart February

Festive Shirts: the boys were having a Valentine's party at school and I could not find little boys' Valentine's shirts so I thought oh this will be easy I will just make some. So I made my own appliques out of some fabric I had at home and stayed up til 1a.m. two nights before the party adhering them to the plain shirts and making sure they stayed. Well of course no task is as simple and fool-proof, so when Patrick was dressing them for school Friday morning and put the shirts on the boys the appliques started falling right off. I was so sad that my motherly craft skills had completely failed. On my lunch break I rushed to the craft store and back to the office- re-adhered the appliques in a completely different manner so they would be ready for their parties at 4:15. They turned out a whole lot sloppier and less cute than I hoped but at least they had festive shirts to wear to celebrate heart day/weekend. The night I stayed up so late I tried to use my wonderful sewing machine to stitch around the appliques but I almost ended up in tears trying to figure it out. I emailed Patrick the next day a list of schools he could call to get me some sewing classes for my birthday. I just think it's funny that I could not just post a blog that said "look at the cute little shirts I made!"...guess it would not be much to write about then hahaha. Pretty much story of my life........I MAKE THINGS MORE OF AN ORDEAL THAN IT HAS TO BE, KNOWING IT ALL WORKS OUT IN THE END IS USUALLY WHAT KEEPS ME FACING FORWARD.

Good thing I had done the shirts two nights before, b/c the night before the school party I was handed a list of the names of children in Cooper's new big boy classroom. It was completely a durh moment for me because for some reason, I was not of the mindset that each child in the 3-year old class gets a Valentine. I scurried to the store so no one would notice mine and Cooper's last minute efforts. Cooper got to stay up late and pick out which of his friends got what Valentine and signed his name to all of them. Cooper has a sweet crush on one of his teachers and refers to her as his girlfriend, so she got an extra special treat for Valentine's. I tried to catch him on video taking Ms Jessica her special valentine but he acted shy and hurried and blushed a little.
Cooper's Girlfriend story: A few weeks ago I arrived to pick him up and all the teachers at school were rushing to tell me about what Cooper had said to Ms Jessica. He asked her to come over to his house and watch a movie. She asked if he was going to cook her dinner and he said, "No My Mommy will", "I make you cookies".
Hope everyone was filled with love this Valentine's- a little holiday I have not made much to-do about until their are two sweet little boys that enjoy it.
(my squeaky Minnie mouse voice does not usually come across pleasantly in home video, so i apologize for the background noise, just thought our little love bugs are so cute at their little party).

I know many blogs this past two weeks have been about unexpected snow so I am going to share ours. The coastal part of Georgia, obviously, sees snow on incredibly rare (once every 14 year) occasions. I remember it once as a child when I was 7 but it was beautiful to watch fall for the less than 12 hours it was here. My fun, snow-angel filled dreams led me to pull out the entire storage bag of snow gear that never saw the light this winter season. We woke up Saturday morning and what was so pretty and fluffy at 11pm the night before was almost gone. It was enough though for two little boys to play in sloshy-cold wet snow and make a miniature FROSTY the snowman.

Hunter's 3rd Birthday party was Saturday the 13th. The boys enjoyed playing and running around. We had not all seen each other in a while, so it was a nice friend and family day.

Birthday Surprise: Friday night I was surprised when my parents were standing in the middle of my living room at 10:00PM. They and my sweet hubby had planned the surprise visit for me. We had a fantastic weekend together- Patrick and Dad kept calling it my "princess" weekend. A surprise babysitter even showed up at 7:00 Saturday night so my parents could go out to a nice dinner with Patrick and I and celebrate with me instead of them always being our babysitter...............which this does get a little side-mention. My Mom also gave me my first much needed sewing lesson!!! I used to totally make fun of people that made getting older any kind of big deal, um my title of this birthday was Hypocrite. Each year of life seems to be more wonderful than the last for certain, but I was not so excited to age this year...I have yet to figure out why though. I owe our dear friend Kim a big THANK YOU for showing up with 7.5 week old twins in tow so we could enjoy a little night out- first babysitter fell through so she very graciously filled in (I know you read this Kim, so BIG THANKS!)


To wrap up the month, Aunt Bobbie and I are attending Savannah Theatre's Broadway on Bull Street show to celebrate our birthdays together. What a treat and fun night together- so many memories of watching my Granny in her plethora of play performances!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!YOU MADE UP FOR LOST TIME>THANKS FOR ALL THE NEWS.I KNOW YOUR MOM,AND DAD WERE HAPPY TO BE WITH THIER PRINCESS.COOPER BECOMING A LADIES MAN!!!CARTER AND COOPER LOOK CUTE IN THERE HEART SHIRTS.THERE MOMMY SURE LOVES THEM,AS WE ALL DO.THE FROSTY SNOWMAN HAD TO BE FUN.ENJOY BROADWAY IN BULL STREET>
XXOOXX
GREAT GRANDMA